Background of REAF
Rwanda Elders Advisory Forum (REAF) was established by the Law n° 39/2013 of 16/06/2013 with mission of advising the Government on national topical issues, national political orientation and challenges pertaining to good governance, justice, economy and social welfare.
REAF has two following organs:
1. Council of Elders
2. Bureau of REAF
The Council of Elders is the supreme organ of REAF to perform its mandate through the following responsibilities:
· To examine and propose solutions or give advice on national topical issues, national political orientation and challenges pertaining to good governance, justice, economy and social welfare;
· To conduct necessary research for the purposes of providing adequate advice;
· To approve the annual plan of action and the draft budget proposal of REAF;
· To approve the activity report of REAF;
· To adopt the Internal Rules and Regulations of REAF;
· To make decisions on any other issues relating to the mission of REAF.
The Bureau of REAF has the responsibility to facilitate the Forum to implement its mandate by heading REAF activities, preparing meetings of the Council of Elders, ensuring the implementation of the Elders council’s resolutions, and to monitor REAF’s relations with other organs.